LBHA COUNTY INFO PAGE
Placer County, Ca - Code:8.16.120 Animal waste--Manures
Placer County Code
A. Non-farm. This section shall apply to lands zoned other than agricultural and lands less than 4.6 acres in size where the operation is not a bona fide agricultural pursuit.
1. All manures generated by domestic animals shall be picked up or cleaned every three days and properly disposed of weekly.
2. All manures, prior to weekly removal, shall be stored in such a manner that there shall be: no escape of odor, no attraction, harborage, or breeding of vectors or vermin and no creation of nuisance.
3. All manures used as a fertilizer shall be spread upon the surface of the ground and/or shall be tilled or spaded under the surface of the ground within seven days of its arrival at the premise or parcel of land to be fertilized.
4. Those manures not required to be spread onto or tilled or spaded into the soil within seven days are those which have:
a. Been chemically treated by a method approved by the Department; or,
b. Been processed in a manner that eliminates odor, vector harborage, breeding and nuisance.
B. Farm. This section applies to bona fide agricultural pursuits, in areas zoned agricultural and over 4.6 acres in size.
1. All manures generated by domestic animals shall be picked up or cleaned as often as required to significantly reduce flies and other vectors.
2. All manures, stored prior to removal, shall be handled in such a manner so as not to create a harborage or breeding of vectors or vermin and not create a nuisance.
3. All manures to be spread as fertilizer or soil amendment shall be spread upon the surface of the ground in thin easily dried layers and/or be tilled or spaded in a timely fashion under the surface of the ground.
C. Canine and Feline Manures.
1. No more than a three-day accumulation, on the ground or other surfaces, shall be allowed.
2. Manures shall be disposed of, in an approved manner, at least once every seven days.
3. Manure accumulation or storage of manures shall not create odors, attract vermin or vectors, and shall not breed vectors or vermin. (Prior code § 9.14)
LBHA Home Page
Return to LBHA Home Page
|Updated 02/02/04 - Visitor #|